Cryptocurrencies are gaining attraction internationally and across the UAE. As the international hub for finance, innovation, and technology; Dubai is rapidly becoming a popular market for cryptocurrency businesses. Therefore, starting a cryptocurrency exchange in Dubai is a lucrative opportunity in 2024.
Business-friendly policies and tax benefits of United Arab Emirates are significantly easing the company establishment process in different verticals. Similarly, growth of digital economy has led to the appeal of cryptocurrency businesses in Dubai. Driving on the blockchain, several alt coins have taken the financial markets around the world by a storm.
What are steps for cryptocurrency business setup in Dubai?
Here is the simple step-by-step for incorporating a cryptocurrency business in Dubai during 2024.
- Finalize a company name
- Select the jurisdiction
- Apply for the cryptocurrency license
- Follow all the compliance requirements
Now, we briefly look upon these steps.
Finalize a company name
The first step is to choose a catchy name for your cryptocurrency company. This name should not contain any well-known trade names. Also, don’t use profane words, or blasphemous phrasings.
Select the jurisdiction
Decide which jurisdiction you want to establish your company in. The free zones in Dubai offer you advantages like no currency restrictions, and complete capital and repatriation. Whereas, mainland Dubai provides you better outreach potential to customers in the UAE.
Apply for the cryptocurrency license
Either you want to launch your own cryptocurrency. Or you are setting up a cryptocurrency exchange in Dubai. Once, you are set with the above considerations, you can apply for a cryptocurrency license in Dubai.
Follow all the compliance requirements
Cryptocurrency exchange businesses come under the purview of financial trading. Thus, you must have a valid trading license. Also, you have to comply with the anti-money laundering regulations.
Which free zones in Dubai provide cryptocurrency business license?
These are some of the best free zones in Dubai that offer cryptocurrency business licences through 2024.
- DMCC (Dubai Multi Commodities Centre)
- DAFZ (Dubai Airport Free Zone)
- DWTC (Dubai World Trade Centre)
- DIFC (Dubai International Financial Centre)
- IFZA (International Freezone Authority)
What are requirements to get a cryptocurrency license in Dubai?
UAE’s government has eligibility requirements you must meet to apply for a cryptocurrency exchange license in Dubai amid 2024.
- A commercial license form from the concerned licensing authority
- Passport copy of all the linked business partners
- A clean crypto wallet record with no history of fraudulent activities or transactions
- Ready visibility of all operational expenses and capital resources for at least 6 months of business operations
- Incorporation of all crypto assets with the UAE Financial Free Zone departments under authorization by the UAE govt
- Submission of a complete business plan to the relevant authorities
How to obtain a cryptocurrency exchange license in Dubai?
Here is the way to get a cryptocurrency exchange license in Dubai within 2024.
- Consult with experts who can make your business setup procedure become hassle free
- Prepare the necessary documentation for your business
- Submit application on behalf of the shareholders
- Including relevant documents like passport copies and photographs
- Choose the office tenancy options as per your business requirements
- Pay the crypto license application fees to the respective authority through your consultants
If everything works out, the authorities will award the cryptocurrency license in Dubai within a few weeks of approval.
Cryptocurrency offers immense growth and profit potential amidst 2024. However, the procedure of forming a cryptocurrency exchange in Dubai involves dealing with several rules, regulations, and requirements. Furthermore, you must have knowledge about DED, FSRA, ADGM, etc.
In the event, you are a new entrepreneur in this crypto-trading business. Then you want an easy procedure to get a cryptocurrency exchange license in Dubai. Likewise, the same is the case with companies who desire to introduce cryptocurrencies.
Worry not, as KWS Middle East is a leading expert in cryptocurrency company formation in Dubai. We provide end-to-end business setup and consultation services in UAE and manage the entire registration process on your behalf. So that you can focus on the important task of growing your business.
About the author