Dubai is the liveliest city in the UAE, and is full of people bustling about doing their work during 2024. It is home to young parents who are busy in their official duties and are not at home most of the time. So, these parents are unable to hire a maid and prefer a nursery for babysitting.
Because of this, there has been a rising demand for the nursery business registration in Dubai. It is becoming one of the most sought-after businesses in the UAE. Opening a nursery requires a business license that is only given out to a citizen of the UAE.
The residents or foreigners can not have any stake in the nursery business. However, they can be appointed as a manager. If you’re interested in launching a business in Dubai, then take our sincere advice and invest in a nursery.
Things to consider before setting up a nursery
Here are the terms and conditions to consider before starting a nursery business setup in Dubai in 2024.
- The nursery must be established in a quiet and calm place away from all the noise and pollution.
- No, asbestos should be on the premises.
- Broken electrical wires and sockets must be replaced.
- Do not overload the electrical power sockets.
- The walls of the building that is going to serve as a nursery must be of concrete, and the use of
- portable cabins or wooden cabins is prohibited.
- Make sure that the nursery is child-proof and safe.
- Any maintenance work in the nursery must be performed after the working hours.
Rooms and Classrooms
- The classrooms and other places must be adequately ventilated and should be well-lit.
- Walls, Floors, and ceilings must be clean and have no defects.
- Each window in the nursery must be fitted with fine wire mesh to prevent bugs.
- Furniture must be in excellent shape and condition as well as fit for a child to play around.
- No usage of chalk is permitted in the classes. Use whiteboards and markers in the classes.
- The nursery must provide suitable sleeping space for children.
- Children must be grouped according to their age to decrease the chances of bullying and other such inconveniences.
- A hall with suitable toys for the children to play must be available on the premises.
- Toys must be appropriately sized so that it cannot be swallowed and be hazardous for the children.
- The toys must be sterilized, cleaned, disinfected, and stored correctly.
- Dubai’s child care laws ban the use of toys that contain magnets or high levels of electromagnetic energy.
- The toys must be of the highest quality.
- The playground must be safe, with proper shade where the child could rest.
- Any sharp edges and hard areas must be enclosed.
- The playground must be cleaned and sterilized regularly.
Procedure for getting nursery license in Dubai
To obtain a nursery license, one has to go through these incorporation steps through 2024.
- Get approval from the Ministry of Education, by submitting a duly filled application.
- Submit a copy of your business and academic plan to the Ministry for review and make changes to the plans accordingly.
- While you are getting the initial approval from the Ministry, get the location for the nursery certified from safety experts before signing a lease.
- Acquire approval from Dubai Municipality and the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), respectively.
- Get further approval from Civil Defense and Municipality by submitting the required paperwork specified by the Ministry.
- The MoE will conduct an on-site visit after they have given their consent.
- Later on you can sign a lease for your preferred location.
- Obtain permission and approval from the MoE to appoint a nursery manager.
- Get a license from the Department of Economic Development.
Documents that should be submitted to get the license
Next, we list the documents that you need to submit for nursery license approval amid 2024.
- A copy of your Passport
- A Family Book copy
- Education Certificate of the owner
- Police Clearance Certificate
- An agreement written in Arabic stating that you will appoint a UAE national as manager — To make sure this is error free get legal translation services in Dubai
- Address of your chosen location
- Nursery License Application signed by the applicant.
- Acquaintance Document/Introductory Statement (if any)
Once you have completed all the tasks mentioned above, you can officially start your nursery setup in Dubai.
Points worth remembering
Do remember that your nursery director is ready to start work as soon as get your final approval. This way save your precious time. Moreover, the chosen candidate must have a university degree in early childhood education or early childhood leadership.
They must have some sort of professional certification as well. Starting a nursery business involves communicating and interacting with many governmental agencies. Only after approvals from relevant government departments, you can run a nursery business.
The procedure for business registration in Dubai can get a little intimidating for someone new to the country. Hence, getting help from a business setup consultant is useful for entrepreneurs during such a situation. We at KWS Middle East can help you easily get the license for a nursery or any legal business.
Our consultants are well-versed with the legalities of business incorporation. Consequently, they make the process of business formation hassle-free. Contact us today to learn more about all possibilities.
About the author